Postdoc Research Fellow (2019-)
Department of Materials Science & Engineering
Advisor: Yi Cui, Professor
• Investigated the electrochemical behaviors of isolated lithium during battery operations.
• Studied the formation of irreversible Li deposit induced by pressure inhomogeneity.
• Advanced manufacturing technology for ceramic-based solid-state electrolytes.
University of California, Los Angeles
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering (2012-2018)
Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
Advisor: Yunfeng Lu, Professor
Committee: Bruce S. Dunn, Phillips Sautet, Yang Yang
Thesis: Rational design of nanomaterials for next generation lithium-sulfur batteries.
• Investigated the electron transfer pathways in lithium-sulfur batteries.
• Developed a new cell architecture to dynamically block polysulfide diffusion.
• Chemically engineered interface for lithium metal batteries.
B.E. in Polymer Engineering (2008-2012) (summa cum laude)
Department of Chemistry
Advisor: Lixin Wu, Professor
Thesis: Self-assembly of organic and inorganic materials